Randy's and Michal's Retirement
Anticipated Opening Part-Time Summer/Fall 2020
Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist for York County Senior Honors Choir
York County Senior Honors Choir, now in its 21st year, is an advanced, auditioned community youth choir, comprised of 100 singers in grades 10-12, who are selected from 20 public and private school districts, homeschools, churches, or voice studios of York County, PA.
York County Honors Choirs, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, is comprised of Senior Honors Choir and Junior Honors Choir (grades 7-9).
Please visit our website for more information about the organization, www.theYCHC.org
To stay informed of position details, click on the Anticipated Opening Accompanist tab.
To view/hear previous programs and repertoire, visit the Encore tab.
The Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist role is to provide exceptional musical support from the keyboard to Senior Honors Choir during weekly rehearsals and select performances. The position requires excellence in artistry, a sense of creativity, flexible musical style, and people skills. The right candidate must be committed to working within a team setting.
Job Description & Requirements:
- Work under supervision of the Artistic Director/Conductor of Senior Honors Choir
- Part-time, independent contractor, salaried position
- Rehearsal accompaniment one Sunday afternoon a week from mid-September to November and January to early February
- Accompany approximately 6 concerts per season, including one collaborative concert in November and additional concerts February through June
- Strong piano skills required
- Adhere to the musical standards and mission of York County Honors Choirs
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with major in piano preferred
- Minimum three years professional accompanying experience, choral accompanying preferred
- Previous experience working with youth preferred
Interested candidates should mail or email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to:
or York County Honors Choirs, PO Box 827, York, PA 17405
Deadline for application: September 1, 2019
PO Box 827 - York, Pennsylvania 17405