Randy's and Michal's Retirement
Seeking Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist for York County Senior Honors Choir
Part-Time Beginning Summer/Fall 2020
York County Senior Honors Choir, now in its 22nd year, is an advanced, auditioned community youth choir, comprised of 100 singers in grades 10-12, who are selected from 20 public and private school districts, homeschools, churches, or voice studios of York County, PA.
York County Honors Choirs, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, is comprised of Senior Honors Choir and Junior Honors Choir (grades 7-9).
Please visit our website for more information about the organization, www.theYCHC.org
To stay informed of position details, click on the Seeking Senior Honors Choir Accompanist tab.
To view/hear previous programs and repertoire, visit the Encore tab.
The Collaborative Pianist/Accompanist role is to provide exceptional musical support from the keyboard to Senior Honors Choir during weekly rehearsals and select performances. The position requires excellence in artistry, a sense of creativity, flexible musical style, and people skills. The right candidate must be committed to working within a team setting.
Job Description & Requirements:
- Work under supervision of the Artistic Director/Conductor of Senior Honors Choir
- Part-time, independent contractor, salaried position
- Rehearsal accompaniment one Sunday afternoon a week from mid-September to November and January to early February
- Accompany approximately 6 concerts per season, including one collaborative concert in November and additional concerts February through June
- Strong piano skills required
- Adhere to the musical standards and mission of York County Honors Choirs
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with major in piano preferred
- Minimum three years professional accompanying experience, choral accompanying preferred
- Previous experience working with youth preferred
Interested candidates should mail or email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to:
or York County Honors Choirs, PO Box 827, York, PA 17405
Deadline for application: March 1, 2020
Questions about position should be directed to the Executive Director Bill Lytle at [email protected]
PO Box 827 - York, Pennsylvania 17405